{Eva Schuster}
The more I read, see, and discuss wedding things, the more nervous I get. What if I forget to do something? What if I leave something out? What if I'm not creative enough? Or people think things I've incorporated into my wedding are dumb? I know you think that I shouldn't care, but I've been to my fair share of weddings and people always talk - about the food, the music, the ceremony, the favors, EVERYTHING.
People even had opinions about whether I should have a wedding or not.
Girls spend their entire life planning their dream wedding - thinking about the details, getting the right venue, the perfect photographer, the ideal menu, the creative favors, making every aspect reflect their personality.
I'm trying to do that in a few months.
And I'm not devoting every second to it - or even every other second.
I don't even know what all the things consist of - what goes into a wedding?
Just every once in a while I start to get overwhelmed.
I start thinking that I'm never going to get organized enough.
And then I remember,
it doesn't matter.
No matter how horrible the wedding is - at least Ivan and I will be married.
Unless I somehow screw that up!!!!
Then I'm really in trouble....

I know exactly how you feel - I get easily overwhelmed - especially about big things - and weddings are big things. Here is my two cents worth: weddings, among other things (especially birth plans - how you deliver your own baby), should be done YOUR way. MY way to have a wedding was to invite parents, grandparents, and siblings - THAT'S IT! I bought a pretty dress, invited those 20 people, and we had lunchmeat sandwiches at my mom's house afterwards. I LOVED it - it was so me. People have very strong opinions about how you should do your wedding, or how you should have your baby, or what kind of house you should buy, etc, but MY opinion is - people should support you doing it YOUR way. Anyone who doesn't love you enough to support you, doesn't deserve to count - doesn't deserve to make you stress - doesn't deserve your love. I support you, Kattrina! Your wedding will be perfect because it will be YOURS.
ReplyDeleteAmen, I agree with Jessica. You know, the pieces of advice that made me feel the most sane were: 1. so long as your wedding reflects YOU, the people who know you will love it; 2. no one knows what your vision of the perfect wedding is, and so no one will ever know if things don't turn out just as you would have wanted them; 3. no guests worth having give a damn about the little details so long as they have a good time, and see you having a good time. Here is the sad truth: most guests will miss 75% of the details you slaved over anyway. You're going to have a terrific wedding. :)
ReplyDeleteI also agree with the ladies above ~ It's your Wedding, do it your Way! I promise you, you will be the only one that notices every detail. The most important detail of the day will be the smiles on your faces. Nothing else matters. Another piece of advice from me ~ Try not to let nerves get in the way of truly enjoying your special day. Also, remember - Yes, you may forget something & Yes,something minor may go wrong but none of it matters when you say "I do" & the people that truly care for you, will see it the same way. I'm willing to bet it's going to be a fabulous wedding ~ after all, you guys look great together!
ReplyDelete